Saturday, February 13, 2010

The best cupcake EVER!


Oh so funny - I was just thinking that it was time to put up a new post. When I logged in, I saw a comment "ready for a new post" This one's for you Mark.

For Christmas, my totally cool friend Shanna bought me a cookbook. She knew how much I loved cooking and New York so she got me the Magnolia Bakery cookbook. Magnolia is famous for their cupcakes and sweets www.magnoliabakery.com There was a digital short on SNL that referenced these cupcakes (Andy Samberg, Chronicles of Narnia). About a week ago, I tried the Caramel Pecan Toffee Icebox Pie - delicious.

Today - I decided to try the classic Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream frosting. In the spririt of Valentine's Day, I colored the frosting pink and used festive red cupcake liners. Not really sure how they would turn out - I was hopefully optimistic. Diligently following the directions and making sure the cupcakes were cooled before icing, I finally gave it a good ol' taste test (shoving half a cupcake with a good dollop of frosting in my mouth). WOW - this thing tastes amazing. I'm not an avid fan of vanilla/ vanilla but this is really, really good.

Although I miss New York and all the culinary deliciousness it has to offer, I'm feeling pretty good right now ... it's like Magnolia came to visit me :)

0 comments: