Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tonkatsu Tuesday

A few weeks back under strict orders from the wife to try out some of the local restaurants in the area I went to Wako Tonkatsu (Wako being the name of the restaurant chain and Tonkastsu being the food). Tonkatsu (Tone-kawt-sue) is a breaded, deep-fried pork cutlet ½ to 1 inch thick and sliced into bite-sized pieces, generally served with shredded cabbage. I had eaten it at a couple other places in Tokyo, but this restaurant was miles above the rest. The following weekend I took Anne there and it was so good we decided that it should become a weekly activity, thus starting Tonkatsu Tuesday.

On a similar topic, a few weeks back we completed our taxes and found out that would were going to get a refund. To celebrate, Anne decided that we should eat tacos for dinner. After the meal was cooked she looked at me and smiled as she handed me a taco and told me to enjoy me tax refund taco. This resulted in a good laugh and once again plans to make tax refund tacos a regular event.

0 comments: