Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Last Week's Project

We have been considering having our kitchen cabinets remodeled for a long time. Anne decided that the best way to do it would be to paint them white and get new hardware for the knobs. After finding out that we would be moving to Asia we put that idea on the back burner. After arriving home it was decided that it was time to make the change. So the majority of last week I removed the cabinet doors and drawers and removed the hardware. I then sanded all of the wood work down. I applied one coat of primer and 3 coats of ulta white paint (apparently there are different grades of white). I knew of pasty white and glow in the dark white as they have been terms to describe my skin (I don't tan well and I am not the outdoors type).
Back to the project at hand, I added some new knobs (which required some drilling of new holes) and placed the panted cabinets back in their place. I have to say the cabinets look like new and it turned out to be a great idea Anne!
Before...



After...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The place looks great! Good job Dollah!