Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ode to the Ayi

Oh Goushan Wu and Fang Wang
We thank you for every thang

For 6 months you cleaned our room
While we forgot how to use a broom

To the states, we would like to take you there
But, I am certain the cold would give you a scare.

Okay, if you can’t tell by now, my poems suck! Sorry Anne, but you will have to look elsewhere for a romantic poem writer. So I won’t torture you anymore with my elementary skills. But, I do want to show you our 2 ayi’s. They come 3 times a week to clean our apartment. Usually between 8:50am-9:50am which means they are usually my wake up call. I try to teach them some English and they try to teach me some Chinese. This is usually very comical for the 3 of us. They are very motherly to me and are always telling me to eat breakfast and go outside. I will miss them a lot.

0 comments: