Thursday, December 4, 2008

Billy Likes It!

For those of you that are old enough to remember the Life cereal commercial - Mikey likes it!, this post is about Bill's bravery in trying all the foods in the past 6 months. I'm sure you've read about his love for bubble milk tea, scorpions and sparrows (previous posts), well the list continues!



Last night, we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - Watami. They call it Japanese Casual - I would probably say it's like a Japanese TGI Fridays? We always order our favorite pizza - Smoke salmon w/ egg salad. I know what you're thinking - ewww! I'm not a big fan of egg salad but it's really good! We also decided to try sukiyaki- meat and veggies served in a hot pot and cooked at your table. They brought out the meat and veggies, in the hot pot, along w/ an egg. Initially, I thought we would crack it and put it in the boiling soup base. Nope. Our server specifically said, "once the meat is cooked, dip it in the raw egg and eat". OK... First, eggs are not refrigerated here. Second, eggs should be cooked to a certain degree (like hamburgers). Third, it's raw! I think I'll pass.
Not Bill! You should've seen the excitement on his face. Knowing that I would not go near the egg, he cracked it, scrambled it and put it right next to him - no need to share. Kudos to Billy - he'll like it!


1 comments:

Mark said...

I'll stick to my mystery sausage stuffing, thanks!