Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

One of the workshop activities on Thursday was a walk/ hike to Emerald Valley Scenic Spot. It was beautiful. The mountains were abundant with pine trees and bamboo trees, which I thought was a very interesting mixture. The light color bamboo's are a year old. The darker color ones are older. In addition, there's crystal clear water that runs through the mountains. The Emerald Valley Scenic Spot is located in Anhui, famous for their tea and a dish called stinky fish. As I started the trek up, I was very excited - had my SPF, insect repellent, walking shoes, thick socks, bottled water.. I was ready. Half an hour into it, I asked, "How long does it take to get to the top?" Well, turns out I haven't reached the entrance yet! The entire trek up and down the trail was 3 hours. I was soaked in sweat but I didn't feel too bad b/c even the healthiest were dripping. Oh yes, it was also a balmy hot day, probably high 90's with high humidity. The views were spectacular so it was well worth it. I was also told that parts of the fighting scenes from the movie, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was filmed here.












1 comments:

Lil Jawz Tells All said...

Now Anne, are you driving the bike or floating on the ribbon?