Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Gold Leaflet

For those of you that don't know, when I first started at Medtronic, I worked for Brad. In the 'get to know you stage', I heard many stories all very funny and entertaining. One day, I decided to ask Brad about the rows and rows of these.. yellow/manila folders on his desk. This started the journey of the Gold Leaflet.

I have to preface this because it's been some time, I may not have all the details correct, but you'll get the gist of the story. It started with a reply to my question of the yellow/manila folders, "oh, no, no, no, do not mistaken these with manila folders, they are called Gold Leaflets. When Brad started his first job, he was met by the group admin, who wasn't exactly excited about this young, handsome and eager talent. However, she did pass along the Gold Leaflets and explained that once you use them, "you will never use anything else".

As I was packing, I noticed a handful of gold leaflets. I won't be needing these... but just in case, I decided to pack them. Besides, I felt a connection to these leaflets and also learned of the long saga on ordering gold leaflets these days. One difference here is that the standard paper size is slightly larger than 8.5" x 11". Not a big deal, but none of my plastic folders worked. I sifted through my box and at the bottom, I discovered the gold leaflets that I packed. Ah yes, the journey of the gold leaflets continues...

0 comments: